Now that I am a free agent, i need to find some business for our small web firm (we do design, programming and SEM if you are curious). What better place than to troll Craigslist?
I have provided you all with a glossary of terms that can be found in the “computer gigs” section of Craigslist…
- Must be experienced: “we have been burned thinking we could hire an infant to do our marketing in the past.”
- Partnership opportunity: “we have no money but we think its a super rad idea so you should too!”
- I have a small budget: “I have no budget.”
- I am in a tight schedule: “I expect this to be done in less than 24 hours.”
- My last guy quit on me: probably because youre a pain in the ass.
- Be creative!: “give me $5,000 worth of work for $500”
- Lets barter!: “I want something for nothing”
- I need a NDA: because your idea to rip off Facebook is such a great one
- I need 2500 followers on twitter ASAP!!: and I need $1,000,000, we dont always get what we want.
- Great for students!: we have no money and we think a kid who has an equal amount of experience will make us famous.
- Fair pay: your opinion of “fair” is not the same as mine.
- Part-time work!: because i am looking for $12/hr to lick envelopes
- College credit available: “stand on a corner and pass out flyers to strangers who throw sodas at you”
- It’s 90% done!: Bullshit.