I found this in my drafts. 6/15/2017.
I am an English major (hear me roar). If you know me, you know that I don’t like spending time on things that don’t directly relate to my goals. My goals do not include any knowledge that I would obtain in a biology sequence. I have legit shit in my life, but most of it I can get through. I came to class with a gnarly cold this semester that took my husband out of work for 2 days. My biology 102 teacher does not know this.
Let me defend myself, this class could be taught online. She sits at her desk and reads from powerpoint slides that we all get ahead of time. And honestly, its 3:30 – 4:45 every Monday and Wednesday at the campus that is located 0.9mi from the main campus, where I park. And I have 15 minutes between classes. And then I have to sit in traffic on the way home? *whines*
Here is a brief list of excuses that I have provided my instructor this semester to get an excused absence:
- I peed my pants – I actually used this twice for this class, I dare you to try to trump incontinence
- I have a headache
- I have a migraine
- I overslept – for a 3:30pm class
- I am dehydrated
- My dad was having surgery
- My mom got in a car accident
- My husband is sick
- My dog is sick — I have 3 dogs, and this imaginary disease is contagious
- I forgot
- There was a train and I was afraid that it would take too long to past, so I just went back to the main campus and went home
- I had a wardrobe malfunction
- I forgot my laptop at home so I had no way to take notes
- My group member said we didn’t have class today! Weird!
- I am having an anxiety attack
- I threw up
- I couldn’t find parking
- My 2012 still-in-warranty Passat broke down…again…
- I feel like I have a fever which means I may be contagious
- I have a bladder infection
- I have a UTI
- I have cramps
- My washer/dryer/AC broke down and I have to wait for the guy to come fix it
- Someone is blocking my driveway and I don’t know who so I can’t get out of my garage
- I tested positive for a pregnancy test and I didn’t think I was, so I really freaked out and I called my husband at work and he came home then I called my OB/GYN and went in…LONG STORY SHORT! I am not pregnant, but that’s why I missed class today
At midterm, I was still passing and enrolled. I learned today that I only have to keep making excuses until 4/27, then I can stop feeling guilty about skipping class.
**Written in biology 102 4/8/15**